Our group provides extensive support for the building industry.
We provide guidance and support for the following codes, standards, and training-related activities:
- Editorial support for Home Energy Magazine.
- Building Performance Institute (BPI) Standards Technical Committee
- RESNET HVAC and Performance Testing standards subcommittees
- ASTM Standard E2342 Longevity Testing of Forced Air Duct System Sealants
- ASTM Standard E1554 Determining External Air Leakage of Air Distribution Systems by Fan Pressurization
- ASTM Standard E2029 Standard test method for volumetric and mass flow rate measurement in a duct using tracer dilution
- ASTM Standard E779 Standard test method for Determining Air Leakage Rate by Fan Pressurization CSA
- Standard C823-11 – Performance of Air Handlers in Residential Space Conditioning Systems
- ASTM E3087 Standard Test Method for Measuring Capture Efficiency of Domestic Range Hoods
- ANSI/RESNET/ICC 380-2016 Standard for Testing Airtightness of Building Enclosures, Airtightness of Heating and Cooling Air Distribution Systems, and Airflow of Mechanical Ventilation Systems
- ANSI/RESNET/ICC 301-2014 Standard for the Calculation and Labeling of the Energy Performance of Low-Rise Residential Buildings using an Energy Rating Index
We also support current US DOE activities in preparing support material for home performance contractors, including home retrofit health and safety guidelines.